I write software.
- Performance optimization -- cache friendliness, SIMD, GPU, and all that.
- Concurrency (and its close cousin parallelism) -- Moore's law, etc. Unfortunately, also Amdahl's law.
- Machine learning -- interesting in its own right, and also a target-rich environment for optimization.
- Security and crypto -- I'm especially keen on solving entire classes of bugs (e.g. replacing seemingly never-ending
bug fountains like OpenSSL with safer equivalents).
- Distributed systems -- All the problems and opportunities of concurrent systems, but more so.
- Type systems -- We're still just scratching the surface of how compilers can help us make maintainable systems. Halide is a pretty interesting example of better human/compiler communication.
- Privacy -- this page, for instance, does not track you, and is served over HTTPS so your ISP can't inject
You can contact me on Twitter or via email at (my first name @ this domain).
A few of my open source projects:
For more, see the rest of my OSS on BitBucket and GitHub.